NJ Council of the Blind - Scholarships
Home > NJCB Scholarships
NJCB BERNARD ZUCKERMAN SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
Bernard Zuckerman Scholarship
PO Box 434
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
An Affiliate of
The American Council of the Blind
What are the scholarship awards?
- $1,000 will be awarded
- First year NJCB membership
- Recognition in our Quarterly Newsletter and on our Facebook page and website
Who is eligible?
- Must be a resident of New Jersey
- Certified legally blind or visually impaired
- A full-time college student, undergraduate or graduate, or vocational student in the 2024 – 2025 academic year.
What is needed to apply?
- Complete a Scholarship application
- Obtain and submit a letter from your doctor to certify legal blindness or visual impairment or certify services with the New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Submit three reference letters from teachers, school counselors, employer or other community advocate (no family members permitted)
- Scholastic record such as high school or college attended, (copy of transcripts)
- Extracurricular activities and/or offices held volunteer or other service activities
Where and when is the application submitted?
- Send application and supporting documents to address above
- Please be sure to include all contact information such as telephone and email address. Interviews may be in person or by phone with members of NJCB scholarship committee or Executive Board
- May 15- Application and materials due
- May 31 – Interviews completed
- June 30 – notice of results to applicants
- July NJCB Quarterly meeting – in person award presentation to recipients and family members as guests for lunch and ceremony.
What is required of scholarship winners?
Any meeting by prearrangement with recipients, they can present a brief oral report on what it has meant to have the scholarship, and/or some significant events / experiences since the awarding of the scholarships.
Previous applicants and/or winners can reapply
Word Documents to follow/complete to apply for a scholarship:
- NJCB Scholarship Instructions
- NJCB Scholarship Awards Application for School Year 2024 - 2025
- Certification of Blindness Letter
- New Jersey Council of the Blind Scholarship Program Letter of Reference